TERMS OF SERVICE
- Registration and payment must be submitted to reserve a lesson day and time.
- NSF cheques are submitted to a $40 bank fee.
- Lessons are automatically suspended if payment is late or cheque is returned.
- Students who arrive late at their lesson will receive the remainder of their scheduled lesson time.
- Students with contagious infections such as, but not limited to, lice, pink eye, whooping cough or other contagious respiratory illness, stomach flu, or a fever, are required to stay home until their health is returned.
- There are no make up classes for lessons missed or cancelled by the Student. We have adopted such a policy in order to encourage student attendance, commitment, and to avoid billing overtime teaching charges.
- Disruptive behaviour and/or foul and/or abusive language will not be tolerated during class. The disruptive Student will be removed from class, or the lesson will be immediately terminated.
- Whenever the LGCMA must cancel a class, the cancelled lesson will be refunded in the form of a tuition credit.
- Music books, teaching materials, exam fees, competition fees, and any other fees are not included in the tuition payment.
- Student agrees to participate in the LGCMA Student Recitals as an integral part of his/her learning path.
- Student is responsible to bring all his/her music books, pencil, eraser, sharpener, ruler, and water bottle at every class.
SETTING UP YOUR CALENDAR
We use Google Calendar to manage our lesson scheduling and reminders. Using the Google Calendar service requires a Google Account. If you use Gmail as your e-mail provider, then most of your setup is already done!
If you don’t have a Google Account, you will need to create one. Signing up for a Google account is very easy, and the process only takes a minute or two by going to https://www.gmail.com, clicking on “Create an account”, and following the instructions. In addition to the event reminders, Google Calendar is a convenient service with which to manage your personal calendar, daytimer, or agenda.
SET GOOGLE CALENDAR TO USE YOUR TIME ZONE
If your reminders are displaying incorrect times, please do the following:
- Go to https://calendar.google.com
- Login to your Google Account.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Click “Settings“.
- Set your country to “Canada” if it is not set to be so.
- Set your Time Zone to (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time – Toronto.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the screen.